BUYING YOUR WEDDING DRESS PROCESS FAQ
I have found my Gown! What is your payment procedure?
We accept all major debit and credit cards or cash. We take 60% deposit at the time of order. When the gown arrives at Angelica Bridal, we will go through our checks before giving you a call to arrange for you to come in to the store or arrange to see the Tailoring Service based across the road. The remaining 40% balance is due at this stage.
If you are buying a Sample Gown, the full 100% is required at the time of purchase and ready for you to take home.
When do I have my measurement taken?
We take your initial measurements at the time of order to determine the best pattern fit for you specific to that designer. The gown is then made according to that pattern size and your specific requirements such as colour of the fabric or additional buttons etc.
How far in advanced will I need to order my gown?
Generally, Brides order their gown around 9 to 12 months before their wedding. If it is less than 6 months, there is sometimes a 15% rush fee as it costs more to make a dress with less time. We do always try to waiver this if we can make some clever changes in the production schedule.
When do I expect to see my gown?
We will call you as soon as the gown arrives. Normally we can give you an approximate month of when we will receive the gown from the Designer as order is placed. When we have taken delivery of your gown we will then contact you and schedule your fitting appointment. If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us to ask for updates of your gown’s production. We will be always happy to answer your questions.
Can I bring a pram or young children?
There is a small step at the entrance leading from the street into our store. Therefore if you are bringing a young baby in a pram, please do let us know in advance and we will help you every step of the way! We can also ensure you will be in the space upstairs for your appointment.
We do not however recommend young children in the store as there are pins and mirrors around which makes it very unsafe for young children.
Can I request a fabric swatch for my gown?
After your purchase, please contact us by email with any specific fabric swatches to your gown we will send the request to the Designer for you.
Can I purchase one of the Samples I see on your Website?
Yes you can call us and purchase any Samples on the website. However, you will have to collect the gown in person as we do not offer delivery.
What is your refund policy?
I am afraid we cannot offer refund once an order is placed with us. You will need to come in to settle the final balance when the gown arrives and collect the item. We offer private styling appointments to help you find your perfect gown beforehand to ensure it is the right decision you are making. This is also applicable to Samples purchases.
I live outside the European Union, do you offer tax free shopping?
We offer value added tax (VAT) refund of 15%. Please enquire at the time of purchase and we can prepare the forms for you.
What is your price range?
We offer made-to-order gowns from £1000 to £7500. Should you have a budget below this, we have over 60 styles of ready-to-buy Sample gowns you can purchase and can take away with you on the day. Please email us.
Do I need to bring anything like shoes and special underwear?
You are welcome to bring shoes similar to what you might like to wear for your wedding day. We do also have various shoes for brides to use during their Appointment.
Backless or Strapless bras are most helpful but not essential. Stick on cups or low back basques are also useful to wear to ensure you are comfortable and could provide good support for your actual Wedding day. Also it is helpful to bring pictures of gowns you have seen on blogs or website, or you have tried on elsewhere.
Most importantly come with an open mind! It is quite usual for customers to find THE ONE during their first visit at Angelica Bridal!!